22 June 2011

Rainy Daze

The weather is gloomy in Oxford today, meaning it is a perfect time to day dream about my adventures.

I leave a week from tomorrow and arrive a week from Friday. It's incredible--I can't believe I'll be back in Osnabrück, back at Bar Celona (my favorite bar/ restaurant) in just a few days. I've learned some about my homestay. I'll be living with two girls around my age. They have two cats, and both of them smoke. I'm kind of intimidated by the smoking aspect, as I've never been around cigarette smoke for a large amount of time, but my room will be smoke free, so I think I'll be okay. As for the cats, I'm so excited. Being around cats will help ease the pain of missing Nelson. I haven't been away from him for more than a week since I got him in August, and, for the vast majority of that time, he's slept in my bed and just generally been around me all the time.

I've started packing some. I want to be done by Monday, so I can make sure that I have everything I could ever possibly need. But I also need to be done packing because I have to be out of the apartment by the time I leave on Tuesday. I just can't believe it's already time for that. It seems like I was just moving out of the RC, and here I am moving out of my first apartment. Then, come August, I'll move into my first apartment by myself, with my own furniture and my own dinner plates from Anthropologie and my own grill, and I'll take upper level German and Spanish classes, a fiction writing class, a class on Tennessee Williams and one on constitutional law. And, in the mean time, I'll be living in an apartment in a foreign country with foreign roommates.

It just all feels so...strange. It's the life I've always wanted, and it's coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment